“It never gets easier, you just get faster” – Greg LeMond
I meant to write earlier in the week but the last two weeks have been surprisingly hectic and random.
Although firstly, a mini update on how things have gone in terms of ‘the ex’ and her. I was recently at one of the local triathlons (for various reasons) and in transition. I didnt see him – although knew he was about, but she was racing. I knew she would be. First time all year she hasn’t raced in club colours and was clearly trying very hard to blend in. I’ve never seen anyone in and out of transition as quick! She ran past me as she headed out so I decided to just cheer her on. By name. She looked rather uncomfortable. To be far, both of them should be feeling uncomfortable and awkward, but its not me making it so. My own feelings on the whole thing were enlightening – I have most certainly turned a corner, knowing full well karma will one day strike.
That’s actually the least exciting thing thats happened really.
There has been quite a lot of cycling training wise and little of anything else.
So awesome things that have happened….
- Last TT of the season – genuinely gutted and really wish I’d started earlier in the season. Two minute improvement on the course from a few weeks previous. 1st (and only!) woman racing too. It has had an awesome impact on my cycling too.
- Needed an ego boost. Got it. Found a new cycling partner out of it. Although he is predominately a mountain biker, he put me through my paces the other weekend.
- Awesome club ride today actually – and not only that, I cycled into town solo, did the group ride and then had lunch with a friend before cycling home solo, making a 30 mile club ride in to a 70 mile ride, with 2s knocked of my own QOM (Queen of the Mountain). 30 group miles, and 40 solo miles!
- A fab run or two with my friends – putting the world to rights (As always) and discussing plans for next years racing.
- A really successful shadow official assignment.
- Booking a holiday to go and support friends doing the ETU championships in Ibiza – very excited!
- Booked YHA for the club trip (only 5 of us going but, still – will be awesome!)
- Tried on my friends speed suit – seriously – how is a woman supposed to get that over her hips? Must have been designed by someone with no hips or waist?!
- Spend the last two nights in a hot tub. Enough said.
- Some fab conversations with friends both online and in real life.
There is a bright light at the end of the tunnel and its heading up fast!